Simple tools and practical insights for personal organization, scheduling and project management. Part 1 focuses on tips and tools for personal organization. Part 2 will address setting up a foundation for team organization.
"Success tomorrow starts with making a plan today."
Simple tools for personal organization, aka daily success, aka scheduling include:
1) a notebook
2) a pen
3) a computer with simple programs such as Google calendar
4) a phone with a task list or calendar (sync with computer)
Making a daily plan should be a habit that helps you to set yourself up each day for success in the upcoming days activities.
1) make your handwriting legible
2) start with the date and think through your day
3) organize your tasks in relationship to importance
4) by keeping structure to your daily outline you can add notes (make sure they are legible)
5) update your task list as you accomplish items as well as when you add them
6) carry over unfinished tasks to the following day
7) make it a habit to set you list the day before, to update at intervals during the day as well as when new assignments come up
Personal organization is a recipe for success. Success tomorrow starts with making a plan today. These simple habits are key to to clarify your activities according to your mission, to schedule for mission momentum and keep yourself accountable to following through.
Dysfunction is easy. Writing sloppily, not keeping items in order and failing to follow through are all set backs that could lead to disaster. Stay on top of yourself - or as we say, "Don't get behind, that's where the farts are (read more HERE)."
Clarity. Consistency. Accountability.
For more information, tips and videos check out our webpage - http://www.izvents.com/words/category...
In The DYOJO our goal is to help you discipline your mind and habits for growth. More info.